Dr. Leon Reyfman and his team of pain relief specialists have always believed that the least invasive tactics for relieving pain are the most beneficial. When you visit Dr. Reyfman in his Brooklyn, Queens or NYC office, you’re treated with respect and concern. If you’re in pain, it’s Dr. Leon Reyfman’s job to relieve it.
When you visit the Brooklyn, Queens or Manhattan office, you never receive cookie-cutter treatment. Following a thorough medical history and a complete examination that may include blood work and X-rays, Dr. Leon Reyfman spends time getting to know you, your medical goals and your willingness to try innovative procedures, such as stem cell therapy.
This therapy is widely becoming recognized and accepted throughout the traditional medical community as a first line of defense against chronic pain. Stem cell treatments rely on your own stem cells — removed from your bone marrow and injected into the areas that are causing you pain. There’s no need to tread into the controversial field of embryonic stem cell cultivation when you carry all the necessary tools within your own body to heal yourself.
Dr. Leon Reyfman’s Credentials
Dr. Leon Reyfman has been voted by his peers as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor as well as New York Super Doctors and selected to the prestigious group of New York Magazine Best Doctors. (2017 America’s Top Doctors)
With pain management being his primary interest, Dr. Reyfman pursued and was granted a fellowship at the world-renowned Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons/St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital. While at Columbia/St. Lukes Roosevelt, Dr. Reyfman honed his skills and gained extensive experience in patient interaction, continuity of care, physical rehabilitation, and the value of teamwork.
Dr. Reyfman is board certified through the American Board of Anesthesiology in both Anesthesiology and Pain Management. Dr. Reyfman has extensive clinical experience and training in invasive and non-invasive pain management. Dr.Reyfman has over 10 years’ experience in addiction medicine. He is certified to treat opiate dependency with Buprenorphine.
He currently serves as the Director of Interventional Pain Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Mount Sinai Brooklyn Hospital and is Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at SUNY Downstate Medical School.
Dr. Reyfman is a member of American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians as well as the International Spine Intervention Society. Dr. Reyfman is actively involved in Pain Management research and has lectured on substance abuse treatment and pain management in chemically dependent patients.
In the past, you may have been offered “alternative” or “natural” treatments from medical practitioners who practiced outside of mainstream medicine. That’s no longer true, as Dr. Leon Reyfman, MD, RPh, is both a medical doctor and a registered pharmacist.
His credentials include:
- Ross University Medical School’s prestigious Award of Academic Excellence
- Internship in Internal Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center
- Residency in Anesthesiology with focus on Pain Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY
- Fellowship at the world-renowned Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons/St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital
- Board certified through the American Board of Anesthesiology in both Anesthesiology and Pain Management
Dr. Leon Reyfman has extensive clinical experience and training in invasive and non-invasive pain management. He currently serves as the Director of Interventional Pain Medicine, and he is Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at SUNY Downstate Medical School. Dr. Reyfman is a member of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians and the International Spine Intervention Society.
Looking Out for Your Best Interests
Dr. Leon Reyfman is actively involved in pain management research; he’s seen first-hand the profound benefits that stem cell therapy has had on patients around the world. You may only need one or two visits before you begin to feel incredible relief from the debilitating pain you thought would never leave.
Thanks to his efforts and willingness to invest in the necessary technology, Dr. Reyfman and his colleagues can provide you with access to life-altering treatments, such as:
- Stem cell therapy for backs that can target disc degeneration, lumbar issues, bulging discs, herniated discs and more.
- Stem cell therapy for shoulders, ideal for treating shoulder injuries, torn ligaments, osteoarthritis in the shoulder and rotator cuff injuries.
- Stem cell therapy instead of knee replacement, a boon to seniors who face risky replacement surgery just to remain mobile.
- Stem cell therapy for hips, another treatment that can eliminate the need for replacement surgery and painful physical therapy.
Regenerative Therapies Now Available
Instead of relying on addictive pain medications, steroid injections and risky surgery, talk to Dr. Leon Reyfman about whether you’re eligible for stem cell treatments and other regenerative therapies. While your age and general health come into play in the determination, you don’t have to worry about:
- The risks of rejection, since the stem cells come from your own body
- The medical expertise of your doctor, since Dr. Leon Reyfman has the training and experience
Through his numerous appointments and participation in cutting-edge research organizations, Dr. Reyfman stays abreast of the news. He’s an active member in many professional organizations, including:
- American Medical Association (AMA), 2002–present
- American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA), 2003–present
- NY State Society of Anesthesiology (NYSSA), 2003–present
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA), 2005–present
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP), 2007–present
- International Spine Intervention Society (ISIS), 2007–present
- North American Spine Society (NASS), 2011–present
- The New York Pain Society, 2011-present — founding member
- American Society of Addiction Medicine, 2010–present
- The Medical Society of the State of New York, 2004–present
- International Society of Medical Laser Application, 2013–present
His many licensures and certifications include:
- Physician and Surgeon Licensed by the New York and New Jersey Medical Board
- Board Certified by American Board of Anesthesiology
- Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Board Certified by American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice
Pain Is Not Your Friend
Chances are, you’re visiting an interventional pain management specialist because traditional means of treating your condition haven’t produced the results you want. To maintain your busy Brooklyn, Queens or NYC lifestyle, you can’t be slowed by degenerative conditions such as:
- Shoulder arthritis
- Chronic neck pain
- Chronic back pain
- Hip arthritis
- Arthritis in your knee or ankle
These conditions often require you to undergo extensive replacement surgery that comes with lengthy recovery times. Even then, you still may have to deal with lingering pain. Surgery is sometimes the only answer, but it should be the very last option.
Injuries from athletics, accidents or persistent wear and tear can lead to other conditions that very often leave you feeling like you’re stuck with chronic pain for the rest of your life. These conditions include:
- Tennis elbow
- Meniscus tear
- Rotator cuff tear
- Hip injuries
- Knee injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hand and wrist injuries
Natural Relief Is Available
As an interventional pain management specialist with years of experience in NYC, Dr. Leon Reyfman and his team have relied on traditional methods of pain management. But now they offer stem cell therapy treatment and regenerative therapy for all of the above-mentioned conditions … and more!
Additionally, platelet rich plasma treatments rely on your own healthy blood cells to stir recovery of diseased and damaged areas of your body. A simple centrifuge spins platelets out of your blood so that they can be injected directly into the places that need a greater blood supply.