Whether you’ve suffered from hip injuries, knee injuries or foot injuries, you know to seek medical treatment. If you’re in pain from shoulder and rotator cuff injuries or even back, neck and disc injuries, you may have lingering pain issues. Seek treatment from an experienced NYC pain specialist like Dr. Leon Reyfman.
It’s possible that you’ve just found information that could change your life. Dr. Leon Reyfman and his team have been treating people with pain for years through traditional protocols, very often with exceptional results. At the same time, traditional treatments very often involved invasive treatment options that required lengthy recovery and rehabilitation.
That’s why your NY pain management team is so excited about the emerging popularity of regenerative therapies, such as:
Safe and Effective Treatments
In a nutshell, regenerative therapies rely on cutting-edge technology to withdraw healthy stem and blood cells from your bone marrow or adipose fat tissue, where they’re produced, and inject them into areas that are diseased or damaged. These treatments take place in your Ambulatory Surgery Center or New York doctor’s office. They require little-to-no downtime and little-to-no pain before, during and after your procedure.
Reported results have been remarkable in many ways. Regenerative therapies are suited for all ages and activity levels, though the healthier you are, the better chance you have of long-term recovery. Regenerative therapies are particularly effective for treating orthopedic conditions such as:
- Knee injuries
- Hip injuries
- Shoulder and rotator cuff injuries
- Back, neck and disc injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Elbow injuries
Advances in New York Pain Management
In addition to the exceptional advances being made in using adult stem cells to treat injuries, stem cell therapy and platelet rich plasma are successfully being used to treat degenerative diseases and wear-and-tear conditions. While these conditions are more common among seniors, they also affect younger people due to past injuries or genetic conditions.
Your New York pain specialist offers a wide range of procedures, from stem cell therapy instead of knee replacement to stem cell therapy for chronic back pain to help alleviate your chronic suffering and improve your overall health as new cells are generated following the treatments. Other conditions that respond well to the various regenerative therapies include:
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Tennis elbow
- Arthritis of the knee and ankle
- Hip arthritis
- Meniscus tear
- Shoulder arthritis
- Chronic neck pain
Causes of Chronic Pain
There are almost as many ways to develop chronic pain in your joints as there are conditions that result from the extreme discomfort. The most common causes that your NY pain doctor sees on a regular basis include:
- Osteoarthritis, a degenerative disease caused by the wearing down of the protective layers of tissue that prevent your bones rubbing against each other
- Accidents, caused by a car crash, a bad fall or a sports injury
- Stress fractures, such as those that often occur in runners
- Poor posture
- Non-ergonomic workplace stations
Chronic pain is a medical condition that your doctor can diagnosis after you’ve experienced pain for six months. Chronic pain can be debilitating and life-changing. It affects you mentally, physically and emotionally; it can lead to depression, isolation and job loss. Symptoms of chronic pain typically follow a standard range that can include:
- Stabbing or sharp sudden pain
- Dull and uncomfortable pain
- Muscular aching
- Intense heat and shooting pain
- Muscles that are tender to the touch
- Pain that increases with movement
- Pain that moves around throughout the day
Inherent Benefits of Regenerative Therapies
When stem cell and platelet rich plasma treatments are used to treat these conditions, they use your own cells for healing and rebuilding. The risks to you are negligible since there is no chance of rejection of your own cells.
Mainstream physicians such as Dr. Reyfman are trained to properly diagnose your condition, the first step to finding the most beneficial treatment for your individual condition. There is no one-size-fits-all treatment when it comes to the various conditions treated and their origins. While Dr. Reyfman still has access to more traditional treatment methods, the benefits of stem cell therapy often are clear:
- Risks associated with surgery such as infection and blood loss are eliminated.
- Hefty costs that come with hospitalization and recovery are no longer needed.
- Long periods of physical therapy, rest and rehabilitation are virtually non-existent.
- Relief from chronic pain occurs naturally over weeks.
- Not only does your pain lessen, but the treatments encourage regeneration of entirely new healthy cells, so it works to heal the source of your pain.
A Few Caveats
While research continues and new treatments have proven to be effective for treating certain conditions, most insurance companies in the United States still do not cover stem cell treatments for pain relief. You should talk to your insurance carrier for guidance on when and how these treatments may be covered in the future.
At the same time, not everyone is a candidate for regenerative therapies. You must be in relatively good health, and you can’t have certain medical conditions, such as:
- Blood-related cancer that hasn’t been in remission for five years
- Current blood-borne infection
- Other infections that might interfere with the treatment
- A condition that forces you to take blood thinners
No matter what condition is causing you chronic pain, talk to your Brooklyn NYC integrated pain management doctor about your options. When you rely on experience, extensive research and training, you’re in capable hands. Visit Dr. Leon Reyfman and get the low-down on the latest and most up-to-date treatments available to treat the conditions causing you pain.
Dr. Leon Reyfman, MD, RPh,
New York, NY 10010
☎ (212) 612-2222
Dr. Leon Reyfman, MD, RPh,
Brooklyn, NY 11223
Dr. Leon Reyfman, MD, RPh,
Astoria, NY 11105